Information Circular No 7/2017: Lansdowne Road Agreement – Main Elements
PDFORRA is now consulting its members on the Lansdowne Rd Agreement (LRA) with the intention of formally agreeing to the application of its terms before 1st April 2017.
The main terms of the Lansdowne Rd Agreement are as follows:
- 1st January 2016: The exemption threshold for payment of Pension Related Deduction (PRD) will increase from €15,000 per annum to €24,750 per annum.
- On 1st January 2016: Annualised salaries up to €24,000 are increased by 2.5%.
- On 1st January 2016: Annualised salaries from €24,001 up to €31,000 are increased by 1%.
- On 1st September 2016: The exemption threshold for payment of PRD will increase further from €24,750 per annum to €28,750 per annum.
- On 1st April 2017: Annualised salaries up to €65,000 are increased by €1,000.*
The salary increases, inclusive of any arrears, will be payable with effect from the respective due dates when PDFORRA formally concludes the LRA. The adjustments to the PRD exemption thresholds have already been applied and members will have received any monies due.
The associated modernisation and reform agenda items will continue to be worked on within the agreement e.g. rationalisation of the list of duties attracting SDA.
* This payment was originally scheduled for payment in September 2017 but it was agreed in January 2017 to bring the payment forward to 1st April 2017 – where the public servants concerned have annualised salaries below €65,000; their Union/Association is party to the LRA and they will not benefit from the two Labour Court recommendations issued in respect of the GRA and AGSI.
Issued on the 23/02/2017